Unpaid Overtime & Unpaid Minimum Wages Lawyer in Florida
Serving Clients in Palm Beach County, Broward County & Miami-Dade County
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requires employers to pay time and a half for every hour over 40 hours worked in a week, and to pay wages that come out to the minimum wage for every hour worked.
Failure to make these payments is called wage theft, and it can result in severe penalties to the employer, and payment to the underpaid employee of double or more the amount owed, plus legal fees and expenses. It is possible to go back two years (sometimes three years) to recover these funds from current or former employers.
There are a number of ways in which employers steal wages from employees, including:
- Refusal to pay you overtime
- Refusal to pay you for working off-the-clock, such as answering work emails, preparing work reports or documents from home, being “on-call,” working during meal breaks, attending work-related classes or attending before- or after-work meetings
- Paying you less than minimum wage
- Classifying you as “exempt” in an attempt to deny overtime
- Classifying you as an independent contractor to deny you overtime pay
- Failure to properly track the hours you actually work
- Pooling your tips with employees who do not receive tips, thus shortchanging your actual income
- Averaging your hours over more than a one-week period, thus denying you potential overtime pay in any one week
- Failing to pay you a final payment after leaving employment
At NK Legal Group, we spend a lot of our time handling Fair Labor Standards Act cases, and attorney Nolan Klein has recently taught a class on how to handle these cases for clients. If you were unpaid for your any overtime work – or were paid less than a minimum wage for all hours worked – then you need to contact us for a free legal consultation.
Bringing an Effective Lawsuit
You are entitled to be paid fairly for your work. At NK Legal Group we fight for employees and workers who were not paid a fair and required wage. If you were not paid extra for overtime, or enough money to equal a minimum wage for every hour worked, then you may have an FLSA claim, and be entitled to recover at least double the amount owed to you.
You can file an FLSA lawsuit against any employee who did not pay you properly at any time during the past two years, even if you no longer work for that person or company.
We flight hard for underpaid employees. Call NK Legal Group for a free consultation.
Call (877) 745-0090 now to get started.
Acted Quickly- Lauren M.
Great Results- Brenda L.
Resolved Effectively- Randy L.
Highly Recommend- Trini G.
Great Experience- Jason T.
$400 Thousand Hotel Injury
Settlement for client injured by a large hotel.
$1.2 Million Accident Injury
Settlement for client hit by a car while riding on her bicycle.
$13 Million Class Action
We obtain a settlement valued at nearly thirteen million dollars for a nationwide class.
$1.4 Million Settlement Enforcement
Judgment obtained after breach of settlement agreement. Fully collected.
$235 Thousand Unpaid Overtime Class Action
Settlement for supermarket workers who were not paid overtime.
$475 Thousand Wrongful Termination
Settlement reached for client after contract was wrongfully terminated.
$400 Thousand Wrongful Termination
Settlement for a client whose business contract was wrongfully terminated.
$655 Thousand Hotel Injury
Settlement for client injured by a major hotel chain.
$500 Thousand Accident Injury Settlement
Client was injured at a theme park hotel.
$975 Thousand Injured Employee
Settlement reached after our client was injured while on the job.
Free Consultation With an Attorney
Services Available in English & Spanish
Proven Success Rate & Results
Highly Experienced Litigation Attorneys