Experienced Florida Unpaid Wages Lawyers
Aggressive Representation throughout Palm Beach, Broward & Miami-Dade Counties
It is against the law for an employer to not pay employees properly for the hours they have worked. If you are owed payment for overtime, minimum wage, or any other situation, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. At the Law Offices of Nolan Klein, we are dedicated to protecting and preserving employee rights in the workplace.
Our wage & hour attorneys have helped hundreds of employees in all types of workplace violations. Let us put our extensive experience and outstanding legal services to work for you in recovering the wages you are owed. If you are an employer unfairly accused of improperly compensating your workers, we can also help defend your company.
Unpaid Wages & Wage Theft in Florida
Unpaid wages and wage theft can occur in a variety of ways. Uncovering those offenses is much easier with the help of a competent employment lawyer. Our attorneys can help you understand your rights under state and federal wage and hour laws. we can help you identify the exact offenses your employer has committed, whether that's employee misclassification or unpaid overtime.
Examples of wage theft include:
- Refusal to pay overtime wages
- Refusal to pay employees for answering work emails or preparing reports from home
- Refusal to pay employees for attending work related classes or meetings outside of normal working hours
- Refusal to pay employees for working through meal and rest breaks
- Having employees work "off-the-clock" and not paying them for this time
- Having employees be "on-call," but not paying employees for their time
- Paying employees less than minimum wage
- Classifying employees as “exempt” in an attempt to deny overtime
- Classifying employees as an independent contractor to deny overtime pay
- Failure to properly track the hours an employee actually works
- Pooling your tips with employees who do not receive tips, thus shortchanging someone’s actual income
- Averaging hours over more than a one-week period, thus denying potential overtime pay for any one week
- Failing to pay a final payment after leaving employment
Despite local ordinances, state, and federal laws, some employers still find ways to avoid lawfully paying employees. Employers will commit wage and hour violations, denying workers the pay they are entitled to receive. Employees may be afraid to speak out due to potential retaliation or termination.
These violations need to be brought to the attention of an experienced employment attorney who can help you recoup your losses. Our Florida wage & hour lawyers will fight for your rights whether you need to file a claim or defend yourself.
Call the Law Offices of Nolan Kleinat (877) 745-0090 to discuss your case today.
Acted Quickly- Lauren M.
Great Results- Brenda L.
Resolved Effectively- Randy L.
Highly Recommend- Trini G.
Great Experience- Jason T.
$400 Thousand Hotel Injury
Settlement for client injured by a large hotel.
$1.2 Million Accident Injury
Settlement for client hit by a car while riding on her bicycle.
$13 Million Class Action
We obtain a settlement valued at nearly thirteen million dollars for a nationwide class.
$1.4 Million Settlement Enforcement
Judgment obtained after breach of settlement agreement. Fully collected.
$235 Thousand Unpaid Overtime Class Action
Settlement for supermarket workers who were not paid overtime.
$475 Thousand Wrongful Termination
Settlement reached for client after contract was wrongfully terminated.
$400 Thousand Wrongful Termination
Settlement for a client whose business contract was wrongfully terminated.
$655 Thousand Hotel Injury
Settlement for client injured by a major hotel chain.
$500 Thousand Accident Injury Settlement
Client was injured at a theme park hotel.
$975 Thousand Injured Employee
Settlement reached after our client was injured while on the job.
Free Consultation With an Attorney
Services Available in English & Spanish
Proven Success Rate & Results
Highly Experienced Litigation Attorneys