Federal Litigation Defense Lawyers
Call 877-745-0090 to Consult with an Experienced Federal Litigation Lawyer
NK Legal Group has robust federal litigation defense experience. We have represented clients in many hundreds of federal lawsuits. We balance aggressive litigation style with creative strategies, always working for the most advantageous and cost-effective outcome possible.
We have significant experience defending our clients in breach of contract, copyright, trademark, Fair Housing Act (FHA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and other claims typically filed in federal court.
Each case is different, and we encourage you to call us at 877-745-0090 to discuss your case. The call is free of charge, and one of our attorneys will be more than happy to review the lawsuit that was filed against you or your company, and to discuss our particular approach to handling these matters.
While past results do not guarantee future outcomes, we have had significant positive results in the past, for people and companies who were sued in federal court.
Examples of those results are as follows:
- We were retained by a shopping mall that had been sued on multiple prior occasions for violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) and had taken remedial steps to comply with the law. We took the case to trial, resulting in a verdict for our client.
- We were retained by an advertising agency to defend against various claims, including allegation of federal securities fraud. At the motion to dismiss stage, we demonstrated that there was no way for the plaintiff to prevail on its claims, and the entire case was dismissed.
- We were retained by a national car wash chain to defend against ADA claims. After pressing the plaintiff to prove the existence of his disability, the plaintiff agreed to dismiss all claims and to pay all attorney’s fees incurred by our client.
- We were retained to defend against a claim filed by a condominium resident alleging interference with fair housing rights. We obtained a complete defense victory on behalf of our client, with the court finding no interference with any fair housing rights.
- We were retained by a large fast food chain to defend against claims of discrimination brought by a restaurant employee. We obtained a complete defense victory on behalf of both the restaurant franchisor as well as its franchisee.
- We were retained by a major fast food chain to defend against ADA claims at one of its restaurant locations. We established conclusively that no ADA violations were present at the subject property and obtained dismissal with prejudice.
- We were retained by a well-known New York City entertainment venue to defend it against claims of sex and race-based discrimination. After several month of litigation, we obtained dismissal of all claims with prejudice.
- We were retained by a foreign company to defend it against copyright infringement charges filed against it in a state where it did not do any business. After demonstrating the lack of connection between our client and the forum state, the court dismissed for lack of jurisdiction.
- We were retained to represent an office of doctors against claims that their corporate website infringed on copyrights held by a third party. We obtained a dismissal with prejudice of all claims and recovered all attorney’s fees and costs expended by our client in defense of its case.
- We were retained by a taxi company to defend against discrimination claims brought by a former driver. We established that the driver did not have the legal status of employee, and that legitimate reasons existed for the actions taken against him. The court sided with our client resulting in a complete defense victory.
- We were retained by a food products importer to defend trademark infringement claims brought against it by a major competitor. By citing to a little-known and rarely used section of the trademark examiner’s handbook, we successfully argued that the competitor’s mark was unenforceable, resulting in dismissal of all federal infringement claims.
Start with a FREE Case Review: Call 877-745-0090
We will be happy to discuss these and other past case results, and to discuss your case, free of charge. Call us at 877-745-0090 for your free initial consultation.